Most worthwhile careers require some kind of specialized training. Ideally, therefore, the choice of a(n) (31) ___ should be made even before the choice of a curriculum in high school. Actually, (32) ___most persons make several job choices during their working live， partly (33) ___ economic and industrial changes and partly to improve their positions. The "one perfect job" does not exist. Young people should therefore (34)___ into a broad flexible training program that will (35)____ them for a field of (36) __ rather than for a single job.
Unfortunately many young people, knowing (37) __ about the occupational world or themselves for that matter, choose their lifework (38) __ a hit-or-miss basis. Some (39)____ from job to job. Others (40)____ to work in which they are unhappy and (41) __ they are not fitted.
One common mistake is choosing an occupation for (42) __ real or imagined prestige. Too many high-school students--or their parents for them__ choose the professional field, (43)___ both the relatively small proportion of work vacancies in the professions and the extremely high educational and personal (44) ____. The imagined or real prestige of a profession or a "white-collar" job is (45)___ good reason for choosing it as a life's wore (46) __, these occupations are not always well paid. Since a large proportion of jobs are in mechanical and manual work, the majority of young people should give serious (47) ____ to these fields.
Before making an" occupational choice, a person should have a general idea of what he wants (48) __ life and how hard he is willing to work to get it. Some people desire social prestige, others intellectual satisfaction. Some want security; others are willing to take (49) __ for financial gain. Each occupational choice has its demands as well as its (50)___.
31. A. academy B. occupation C. guidance D. identification
32. A. therefore B. so C. though D. however
33. A. in case of B. for C. because of D. to
34. A. enter B. participate C. involve D. join
35. A. leave B. fit C. require D. fix
36. A. careers B. professions C. prospects D. work
37. A. few B. little C. much D. less
38. A. with B. by C. on D. at
39. A. flow B. wander C. jump D. drift
40. A. stick B. turn C. adhere D. subscribe
41. A. to which B. that C. for which D. what
42. A. its B. their C. / D. the
43. A. to have disregarded B. to disregard C. disregarding D. disregard
44. A. preparations B. requirements C. specifications D. preferences
45. A. such B. no C. very D. so
46. A. Moreover B. Otherwise C. Nevertheless D. Still
47. A. priority B. regulation C. assessment D. consideration
48. A. out of B. towards C. for D. from over
49. A. advantage B. patience C. risks D. turns
50. A. awards B. rewards C. prizes D. bonuses
37．[B]【解析】由Unfortunately可知空格处应填表否定意义的词，know little about表示“对……知之甚少”，
38．[C]【解析】OH a basis“在……的基础上”。
39．[D]【解析】Some…Others…描述了两种现象，根据上下文和一般常识推测此处应表示“不断跳槽”的意思。drift from job to job表示“从一个工作跳到另一个工作”。
41．[C]【解析】and提示空格处要填的词应与in which对等．be fitted for为固定搭配，which引导从句，介词提前．故选C。