1. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. 不要对别人送的礼物过于挑剔
Angela: "This shirt you gave me is not my favorite brand."
Andy: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! That was the best they had."
2. horse sense 基本常识
She's got too much horse sense to believe his story.
3. put the cart before the horse 本末倒置
To get married first and then get a job is putting the cart before the horse.
4. horsing around 胡闹
You can't trust Michael to do anything – he's always horsing around.
5. hold your horses 别着急，耐心点儿。
Hold your horses! We're not ready to go yet.
6. Wild horses couldn't drag him away 全心投入
Once Elaine starts playing a video game, wild horses can't drag her away from it.
7. a horse laugh 狂笑，讥笑，不信任的笑
At the end of the joke she gave a horse laugh that could be heard a street away.
8. a horse of a different color 完全是另一回事
Taking the exam is one thing but passing it is a horse of a different color.
9. be on one's high horse 趾高气扬，藐视他人
Since Bob was elected president of the club, he's been up on his high horse.
10. beat a dead horse 徒劳无益，白费口舌
I hate to beat a dead horse, but it is very important that you understand this before you leave.
11. clothes horse 爱打扮，赶时髦的人
Princess Diana was a real clothes horse. It's hard to imagine how much she had spent on clothes.
此外clothes horse figure 指“衣服架子”，就是那种穿什么都好看的人。
12. one-horse town 落后的小地方
Then Beijing was a gray, drab, one-horse town where the main means of transportation was the bicycle.