来源：bbc learning english 2019-04-03
桌球、台球运动这些年来发展迅速，玩的方式也变得多种多样 ，无论是 snooker 还是 pool，都越来越受到大家的喜爱。不过你知道英国的桌球游戏有两个母球吗？是不是没想到？让我们一起从下面的六道《英语小测验》题中学习一些源于桌球运动的英语表达吧。
1. In billiards, the expression ‘call the shots’ means to select which pocket the ball must end in. But as an idiom, what does it mean if I say ‘I call the shots’?
a) I talk too much
b) I feel fantastic
c) I know the answer
d) I control the situation
2. If a player strikes the white ball in such a way that it lifts off the table but still remains in the playing area, this is known as a …?
a) bounce shot
b) up-and-over shot
c) flop shot
d) jump shot
3. A game very similar to billiards is snooker. From this game comes the expression ‘I’m snookered’. What does it mean?
a) I’m ready to do something.
b) I’m stuck in a difficult situation.
c) I’m having fun.
d) I’m succeeding in my endeavour.
4. When two billiard balls are touching, billiards players will say: ‘They are __________.’
5. If a player makes a mistake by striking the white ball badly resulting in a bad shot, this is known as a …?
6. When a player succeeds in making a good shot through more luck than skill, it is known as a …?
1) d, 2) d, 3) b, 4) c, 5) a, 6) b.